Triboster TSf series
TSf-503/303: versatile models for all kinds of samples
Sample stage of the TSF-503 with our unique crank-shaped biaxial balance of our TSf series
TSf-503D: special model for disc-shaped samples
TSf-503R: special model for cylindrical samples of up to dia. 100mm
A selection of our range of contact probes available for the TSf series
The main differences between the four models of our Triboster TSf series
The TSf-503 is our most versatile and adaptable model to evaluate the static and kinetic coefficient of friction of all kinds of samples with different shapes.
Featuring seven measuring routines, a built-in temperature sensor, and a full set of six weights, the TSf-503 is widely used in research and development.
The TSf-303 is identical in design to the TSf-503, but only features the standard repetition measuring routine and a set of only two different weights.
The reasonable TSf-303 is the ideal model to perform reliable measurements for the routine quality assurance.
The TSf-503D, designed to evaluate the coefficients of friction using test methods such as pin-on-disk and ball-on-disk, offers four measuring routines in both directions of rotation with constant rotation speeds of the sample stage.
A full set of six weights is also included.
The TSf-503R has been specially designed to evaluate the coefficients of friction of cylindrical samples.
The sample holding device is tailored to customer-specific needs and it offers four measuring routines in both directions of rotation with constant rotation speeds, as well as a full set of six weights.
The concept of our unique balance design
Kyowa's crank-shaped biaxial balance design
Conventional balance design
Functions and measuring routines of the Triboster TSf series
Biaxial balance technology
- Minimization of the effects of inertia and other external forces to the load cell during the measurements, ensuring exact and reliable results.
- Measurement of the coefficients of friction in both ways of the stage travel.
Automatic contact probe lift-up function
- Measurement of the coefficients of friction in only one way of the stage travel. The contact probe is lifted automatically after one stroke to avoid contact with the sample when the stage returns.
Up to seven measuring routines
Depending on the Triboster model, a variety of different measuring routines are available to ensure the most possible flexibility in determining specific characteristics of the samples. Available measuring routines are:
- Continuous static friction: Measuring up to 50 data of coefficients of static friction in one stroke by stop-and-go movement of the stage
- Standard repetition: Measuring the coefficients of friction repeatedly on the same measuring area in up to 12 cycles
- Repetition dependency: Measuring the coefficients of friction repeatedly on the same measuring area in 100 to 10.000 cycles
- Multi-sample: Measuring the coefficients of friction for different samples or different areas for one sample for easy comparison
- Load-dependency: Measuring the coefficients of friction depending on different normal loads
- Speed-dependency: Measuring the coefficients of friction depending on different speeds
- Time-interval dependency: Analyzing the influence of adhesion to the coefficients of friction depending on up to 4 different contact times in one way, by use of the counterpart lift-up function and the stop and go movement of the stage
- Heater type temperature-controlled sample stage for measurements from ambient to +180°C (available for TSf-503/303 only)
- Jacket type temperature-controlled sample stage for measurements from +10 to +70°C (available for TSf-503/303 only)
- A wide variety of contact probes with different geometries
- Different weights in the range from 50 to 2000g
- Special holder for measurements of pencils
- Friction, wear-resistance, and longevity of oil lubricated metallic surfaces
- Dependence of friction on temperature
- Longevity and peel resistance of manicures
- The smoothness of hair before and after treatment with hairdressing
- The friction of surfaces from production machines, to improve flow properties of powders and to prevent powder adhesion
- Functionality and effectiveness of powder lubricants
- The durability of and damage to papers or the surfaces of printing media during the printing process
- Friction between paper sheets to each other, and between paper sheets and each part of the printer’s paper feed mechanism for its optimization
Rubbers & Plastics
- Friction and wear of tires against road surfaces
- Stick-slip-effect between wiper blades and wet windshields
- Functionality and persistence rubbers for table tennis rackets
- Durability and functionality of the rubber surface of paper-feed or pick-up rollers
- Smoothness depending on textile weave pattern
- The efficiency of softening and smoothening agents on textiles
- Slippage of different kinds of fabrics on each other
- Slippage of stockings on insoles
Paints & Coatings
- The strength of plating layers and coated surfaces against scratching, continuous rubbing, sliding, etc.
- Friction and wear of coated surfaces against each other
- The friction of materials from artificial joints, valves of artificial hearts and implants
- The friction of catheters submerged in water and the durability of the catheter’s coatings.
- Extensibility of car polish or wax on the car body and their effectiveness after drying
- Sliding characteristics between clothing fabrics and seat belts and car seats materials
|Measuring mode||linear reciprocating||rotating|
|Display resolution||coefficient of friction: 0.0001|
|Friction force range||standard: 0 to 1000gf (9.8N), option: 0 to 2.000gf (19.6N)|
|Normal load range||standard: 100 to 1.000g (in steps of 50g), option: 200 to 2.000g (in steps of 100g)|
|Stage travel distance||1 to 80mm (in steps of 1mm)||- / -|
|Stage travel speed||0.1 to 100mm/sec||- / -|
|Rotation speed||- / -||1 to 600rpm|
|Stage travel cycles||max. 10.000||1 to 12||max. 999.999|
|Maximum sample size||180x100x30mm||150(dia.) x 10mm||100(dia.) x 300mm|
|Sample stage size||180x100mm||150(dia.)mm||- / -|
optional:Jacket type: +10 to +60°C
Heater stage: ambient to +180°C
|Operating environment||temperature: +10 to +35°C, humidity: 30-80%RH (non-condensing)
positioned away from sources of electrical noise and vibration
- Specification sheet